Doug Kanter

"Alan" wrote in message

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"Alan" wrote in message

"Roger Shoaf" wrote in message

"Alan" wrote in message

Well, it's like I always say- Hindsight is 20/20, but foresight is

only
50/50. The new fan was well over $100, and the "right" fan was

probably
around $300 or so. Anyway, the real problem in all of this, is, I
suspect,
the painter.

If it is the painter's fault, how do you explain the tape peeling

before
the
painter touched it?

Paint is not water proofing, so when you get moisture under the paint

you
are going to have a problem.

You either have a plumbing leak, a wall or roof leak or your fan is
not
sucking enough steam out of the bathroom.

There is a moisture problem for sure, but the paint never blistered
before.
It didn't start blistering until he painted over what was there. I am
still
wondering if I can use wallpaper. Any idea?

I wouldn't, until you know what's going on with the blistering. Do you

want
wallpaper because it might look good, or because you're sick of dealing

with
the paint issue?

More because of the paint issue, but it would also look better.

Well....take lots of time to interview people who can show you how to do the
wallpaper the right way. The wallpaper in my bathroom was also installed in
the shower area, above the tile which ends at about 6 feet. The previous
owners installed it two years ago and the edges are beginning to peel. At
this point, it's just enough to get a fingernail under, which seems like NOT
enough to get a tool under to "inject" more adhesive. The issue is not
ventilation. During a shower, with the bathroom door closed, the fan keeps
the room very dry, even downright chilly. But, a fan can't do anything about
water droplets that are splashed around in the shower itself.

I'm beginning to think wallpaper within the shower stall is about as smart
as putting it on the outside of a boat's hull.