Roger Grady

"Peter Wells" wrote:

We have a gas furnace that intermittently, 20% of time, starts with a loud
boom, it seems the main burner doesn't always catch light from the pilot so
some gas builds up then there's a boom. The furnace is regularly serviced
and the service people have been told of the problem, they always dismantle
the burner and reassemble it but the problem remains. Aside from this the
furnace works fine.

Have any of them cleaned the pilot light oriface? My furnace did the
same thing this fall. There was nothing obviously wrong and after the
2nd or 3rd 'hard start' I was about to call a pro when I decided the
pilot flame looked a bit anemic. I cleaned a little crud out of the
pilot burner, after which the flame looked healthier, and no more
booms.

Roger Grady
To reply by email, remove "qlfit." from address