T i m

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 13:44:16 -0000, "a" wrote:

So, before I start tapping about all over the place looking for dry
joints, any TV gurus out there have any idea if there is a 'common'
area that I could start with please?

Out 28" hitachi did exactly the same - it was rented so an engineer (!?)
came out and knew exactly where to look, he just remade a couple of joints
(I couldnt tell you where on the board though) and it has been find since -
he said it was a common fault.

Hmm, I re-soldered all the main joints today and now I have a *dead*
telly ;-(

The problem is I may have 'firmed up' the intermittent fault?

I have spoken to an ex TV repair mate and he might pop in to point me
in the right direction, or get one of his TV repair mates to sort it
for me. ;-(

All the best ..

T i m