RichardS

Default Lead in paint?

"al" wrote in message
How does one tell if paint has lead in it?

Just got a heat gun to remove all the horrible layers of flaking paint

from
my garage. It's a 1930's house, but I've no idea when the garage was

added
(not recently though!). I believe paint in the 60's and before quite

often
had lead in it - don't really want to breathe it in or ingest the dust if

it
does!!!

Run a google groups search on this group - the subject has come up a couple
of times before - dangers of lead, testing kits, methods for stripping, etc.

John Schmidt's probably detailed the precise dangers, and Max Bone's
probably detailed methods for stripping. Apologies to all others who's
posts on the subject escape me at the moment....

cheers
Richard

--
Richard Sampson