Stephen Jones

Default Removing Old Microbore Radiator

I have a very old microbore vented central heating system and I need
to remove a radiator whiles the wall its mounted on is removed. I
wondered if instead of draining the system I could conpress the pipes
, cut then bend to seal, maybe solder ? Also what size pipe is old
microbore. It looks around 8mm but everything else in the system is
not metric so I don't suspect this is. (1/2" and 3/4"). Also can you
get fittings to fit a new radiator onto the old system. It will
eventually all be replaced when I have more money

Thanks

Steve Jones