Joe C.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am buying alot of quartersawn white oak in the rough and I had a
question. I need to mill it in my Delta 12" planner but since both the
top and bottom are rough is there a proper way to ensure I have a flat
board when I finish milling it. The lumber does not have a smooth
surface on the bottom when I first put it into the planer but I want to
make sure that it remains flat as I mill it so when it it flipped over
to do the other side the board is flat or does it matter.
Thanks,
Mike

oh boy, here we go again.

Mike, suffice it to say, this has been discussed ad naseum on the wreck.
DAGS on flattening wood, do i need a jointer, jointer or planer, etc....