Lobby Dosser

(Glenna Rose) wrote:

writes:
Howdy,

I tried posting this question a few days ago, but for the life of me I
can't find it now.

I'm interested in any basic woodworking classes in the PDX area. I'm
acutally in Vancouver and I have a rotating schedule, so it makes
difficult.

Any pointers in a general direction would be great.

Thanks

Visit Woodcrafters in Portland on Davis, one block east of Grand
Boulevard (forget the numbered street at the moment, sorry).

6th.

Also Rockler in Beaverton (Beaverton Town Square) and Woodcraft in
Tigard. Woodcraft has more classes on a regular basis. As I have not
taken any classes, I can't comment on their utility.

Oregon College of Arts and Crafts:

http://www.ocac.edu/

Gary Rogowski's Northwest Woodworking Studio:

http://www.northwestwoodworking.com/

You might also want to check out The Guild of Oregon Woodworkers:

http://www.guildoforegonwoodworkers.com/

Also check out community college offerings, both the credit and non-
credit classes.

Clubs are good source for informal training and perhaps finding a mentor.

LD