On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 07:47:57 -0800, "Ed Angell"
edangellatcomcastdotnet wrote:

-SNIP
under a buck apiece including labor.

Apparently, the action of the brush in this application is way different
than normal. They use the brushes in a linear motion that is parallel to
the staples. They use the sides of the flat wire to break spoo up rather
than the face of the flat wire to "sweep" like a normal use. This action
has a tendency to rock the staples out even though the tuft retention is
over 40 pounds pull-out strength. (Where's that Unabtaniun when I need

it!)

Tom,

viscosity is the enemy in filling small holes. It seems like a cyanoacrylic
glue which has a number of viscosities available would be the ticket, CA
glues are typically delivered with some sort of a dropper or syringe. The
thinner CA's have pretty good wicking characteristics, especially where wood
is in the mix, plus they are stronger than hell.

good luck,
Ed Angell

PS- Did you ever get any samples of the .006 straight brass wire?

Strong, yes. But CA is also brittle and impact can break the bond. I
assume these brushes are to be used in a power tool of some kind.

--RC

"Sometimes history doesn't repeat itself. It just yells
'can't you remember anything I've told you?' and lets
fly with a club.
-- John W. Cambell Jr.