SteveF

"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article , Ignoramus1606 says...

I am soundproofing my genset. I built a little 1/2" doghouse, mounted
on the generator carriage. I am going to install lead lining inside,
using 1mm thick 2.5 lbs per square foot lead sheet. The weight of all
this lead is going to be approximately 100 lbs.

My question is, is "roofing lead" as good as "soundproofing
lead". Perhaps the alloy composition is different and it might impact
sound transmission characteristics? Any thoughts?

I would use sonex.

Jim

Owens Corning makes something similar called 703 insulation board. I've
used it and it works pretty well.

Steve.