Dave Hinz

On 20 Jan 2005 21:32:05 GMT, Charles A. Sherwood wrote:

Yes, I use that frequently. I also control the radius of the bend by
using a piece of round stock of appropriate size rather than a wedge.

Interesting idea. I tried it before but I just used a rod which was
free to move so it was difficult to locate the bend accurately.
I really want a diacro #1A bender!

It's a free-hand operation, yes. I solved the lack of accuracy by
leaving both ends long and making them the length I wanted _after_ the bend.
When there are things I can't control or predict, I resort to that.

Still haven't found a way to keep the top edge of the V-block from biting
into that which I'm bending, but it hasn't been critical yet.

I was thinking of trying some soft copper sheet between the block and
the work. Seems like it should help.

I've got some .032" or so copper sheet, I'll try that next time. Thanks
for the idea.

Dave