Dave Hinz

On 20 Jan 2005 20:43:49 GMT, Charles A. Sherwood wrote:
I took a small piece of 6061-T6 about 3/16 square and tried to bend it.

How do you bend something that's 3/16ths of an inch square? How do
you hold something like taht? Or did I miss something?

It was 3/16 square and a couple inchs long.

Sorry, I was picturing a really, really small cube and couldn't
imagine what you were saying.

I made a simple bender
by putting a V block on my arbor press an putting a wedge on the ram.
Works surprising well for many things.

Yes, I use that frequently. I also control the radius of the bend by
using a piece of round stock of appropriate size rather than a wedge.
Still haven't found a way to keep the top edge of the V-block from biting
into that which I'm bending, but it hasn't been critical yet.

Dave Hinz