Hi All,

A mate has given me his 5yr old 28" Hitachi wide screen TV and it
comes with an intermittent fault where it just cuts out.

Apparently if it does this you can *sometimes* switch it back on with
the remote and sometimes not.

He said if it fails to come back on, lifting one corner and dropping
it (gently?) often sorts it out?

I had a quick word with the guy in the local electrical shop today and
he suggested this was not an unknown fault on that and smaller models
in the range and of that age.

So, before I start tapping about all over the place looking for dry
joints, any TV gurus out there have any idea if there is a 'common'
area that I could start with please?

If I do get it all sorted I will probably give it to my elderly Mum /
Dad.

All the best ..

T i m

Out 28" hitachi did exactly the same - it was rented so an engineer (!?)
came out and knew exactly where to look, he just remade a couple of joints
(I couldnt tell you where on the board though) and it has been find since -
he said it was a common fault.