gerry mcallister

Default hotpoint frost free fridge freezer problem

I have a hotpoint frost free fridge freezer... i didnt realise just how
noisy these would be, some of the pops and farts wouldd wake the dead!
Anoying as that is you soon get used to it. The problem that i have is
that there is some icing on the very bottom of the freezer. I only
started to notice it when the bottom freezer tray became difficult to
slide out. When i remove the tray i can see a frozen line of water that
has trickled out from what i can only describe as the plastic cooling
mechanism... where the internal blower vent is. The frozen line leads to
a frozen puddle that gets to be about 5mm thick. I didnt expect this
from a frost free device. Is there a problem with it or should i expect
a small amount of ice to be there? There is nothing in the manual about
the ice. The manual does say that it will pop and fart though!

TIA
Gerry