John Rumm

Default Nu-Tool codless drill won't hold its charge

T i m wrote:

month, all year) at that pace and didn't have a cell fail? In fact in
my 30 years or RC car racing (sponsered driver for some of that) I've
never had a cell fail? I have seen others have cells fail, I've

Reminds me of when a friend built a small (i.e. under 1kg) fast electric
boat using some NiCd cells he recovered from an old (pro video) camera
battery belt...

Worked really well until one of the cells vented under full load. This
resulted in one of the most impressive sinkings I have ever seen!
Picture this tiny craft speeding along at 20mph - a loud BANG! - and
craft transitions from that forward speed, to an instant vertical
descent! Bit like a Harrier VIFFing in reverse!

The release of gas from the cell burst the hull / deck joint almost the
full length of the boat, starting at the bow - opening it up like a
crocodile's mouth - spoilt the hydrodynamics a bit!

--
Cheers,

John.