JB

I had the exact same problem. The large plastic drive gear was worn and
would not engage the worm gear. I ordered on line, replaced it and it worked
fine. Take the cover off the operator and look inside. You will most likely
see your problem.
"Art" wrote in message
link.net...
My guess would be a plastic gear stripped and has to be replaced.

"toller" wrote in message
My 6 year old LiftMaster/Chamberlain 1265 has stopped working. When I
push the button it hums for a few seconds twice, and then nothing. I
disengaged the door, but it doesn't help.
Any ideas what to do? I sent them an email, but with the holidays I am
sure it will be a week or two until they reply. Funny thing is that you
have a choice of complaint, and one is "hums without working"; but their
FAQ does not mention the solution.
Thanks.