Andy Asberry

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 09:28:16 -0600, John Willis
wrote:

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 06:28:50 -0600, "twfsa"
scribbled this interesting note:

The answer is simple...don't live there!

Here in Texas, down on the Gulf, it is well known that the beaches
erode. Sure, it is fun and nice to go down and rent a beachfront house
and spend some vacation time there. If I owned one (and I don't) I'd
go into it knowing full well that the land the house is built on will
disappear. It isn't a matter of if, but a matter of when. That being
the case, while I owned it, I'd try to keep it rented out as much as
possible, make as much money off it as I could, and when it goes away
(again, not if, but when) consider myself to be money ahead since
there was obviously no insurance on the place, but I got revenue off
it as well as some much enjoyed use out of it.

Similarly, no one forced those folks out in California to live under a
big pile of dirt that they know will someday slide down on top of them
when enough water gets poured onto it. Again, it isn't a matter of if,
but when. Why should I pay for their misguided thinking and poor
judgment?

I seem to remember that once a normal tide washes over the land, it
belongs to the state. So, maybe you want those renters to each bring a
load of sand.