HorneTD

I have an older home with a mix between romex and pbx wiring. I was
testing the outlets and found that there are 2 that are not grounded,
which are fed with pbx. I found the junction box in the light fixture
that they are connected to was replaced w/ a blue plastic box and there
is nothing that grounds the 4 pbx wires going into it together (source
feed, switch & 2 outlets)

My question is, should I attempt to solder a common ground wire between
each pbx wire, or replace the junction box? I'd rather not replace the
box, but I will if there are no other alternatives.
Are those plastic boxes made to support pbx wiring?

Connections that depend on solder are not permitted in the Equipment
Grounding Conductor.

250.8 Connection of Grounding and Bonding Equipment.
Grounding conductors and bonding jumpers shall be connected by
exothermic welding, listed pressure connectors, listed clamps, or other
listed means. Connection devices or fittings that depend solely on
solder shall not be used. Sheet metal screws shall not be used to
connect grounding conductors to enclosures. Copyright 2002 National
Fire Protection Association.

If there is room in the box and the connectors that attach the cable to
the box are of the external type with threads that protrude into the box
and are held with a lock nut then you can apply half inch bonding
bushings or wedges to each connectors threads and run a bonding
conductor between the four connectors to reestablish the Equipment
Grounding Conductor's continuity.

314.3 Nonmetallic Boxes.
Nonmetallic boxes shall be permitted only with open wiring on
insulators, concealed knob-and-tube wiring, cabled wiring methods with
entirely nonmetallic sheaths, flexible cords, and nonmetallic raceways.
Exception No. 1: Where internal bonding means are provided between all
entries, nonmetallic boxes shall be permitted to be used with metal
raceways or metal-armored cables. Copyright 2002 National Fire
Protection Association.
--
Tom H