George

"twfsa" wrote in message
news:aosHd.15657$Wp.4019@lakeread07...
We pay because the insurance company isn't intrested enough to look where
people build, so when a flood, earthquake, homes near the beach flood due

hurricane we all pay.

Tom

The government should be a lot tougher regarding insurance in those areas.
There is a river in my area that floods every 100+ years. The last flood was
over 30 years ago and after that the government requires that you buy flood
insurance if you live in the flood plain. It is an additional insurance
above and beyond home insurance. The government said they will not pay to
rebuild/replace your property if there is a flood and you chose not to have
the insurance. I don't understand why this doesn't apply to the beach houses
and other construction in areas where it is just a matter of time before the
property *will* be damaged or destroyed.