HorneTD

SpamFree wrote:
HorneTD wrote:

Snip
And please spare us the drama. "Carrying out the dead" indeed!

I have been a volunteer in Fire and Rescue since 1971. In those thirty
three years I have helped to carry out the remains of fourteen persons
who were killed in fires. Three of those persons were killed in fires
of electrical origin and all three of those were pre school aged
children. It strikes me as strange that so many people want to forbid
the fire service from talking about the task of dealing with the burned
bodies of fire victims by accusing us of fear mongering or of being
melodramatic. I'm not dysfunctional from post traumatic stress or
anything even remotely like that but when I talk or write about fire
prevention those people are never far from my mind. I read the
dismissive comments of some posters about the low rate of fire deaths
caused by arcing faults or some other cause and the claims that the
remedy is more expensive then the number of deaths would warrant. Would
you like to make book on whether the parents of those three kids would
agree. I frankly don't care if I subject you to excessive drama as I
believe that is preferable to subjecting anyone to death by fire.
--
Tom H