Noozer

Since the kitchen cabnets are over the plug AND where I want to
put
the switch. I am considering routing the wire directly up inside the

wall
and poke the wire out directly above the cabnets, then run the wire

down
the
cabnet to the stud where the switch will be.....then poke the wire

back
inside the wall and fish down to the new switch box where I will mount

the
switch. Running a wire on top of the cabnets will be totally invisible
unless your 8 feet tall......The rest is easy...just run the wire down

and
come in under the sink.

Depends on the code being enforced. The 2005 around here requires that the
garbage and dishwasher be on separate CB's and not with anything else.
Before the 2005 code the disposal and dishwasher was accepted on the same
circuit but it was a exception locally.
Better check locally to be sure.

Regardless, exposed wiring is not acceptable.

You could run it in a conduit, but then you still have the problem of
pulling power from someplace you may not be allowed to.

No chance of running something up from the floor below?