Ian White

nightjar wrote:

"gerry mcallister" wrote in message
I am looking to source some rubberised flooring suitable for a bathroom.
The stuff that i have in mind has a 'dimple' in it about every 3 inches on
centre. I have spotted some like this in a few places but it seems to be
very expensive. Does anyone have any idea of where i could get some at a
reasonable cost? Oh, it has to be cream-ish in colour!

That is an industrial flooring and there is no such thing as industrial
flooring at reasonable cost, unless you are comparing it to other
industrial flooring. ISTR it usually comes in black grey red and blue,
possibly green too. However, my experience of the tile version of this
flooring is that it becomes slippery when wet, so it may not be a good
choice for a bathroom.

It's excellent for a kitchen, though. We saw it in a kitchen on the
Continent and decided to give it a try. More than 15 years later, ours
has survived everything from routine trodden-in grit to a kamikaze can
of white emulsion. It easily washes clean, and buffs up nicely when we
occasionally get around to it. A bonus is that dropped glasses and
crockery stand a fair chance of surviving.

Contrary to what Anna was told, the surface definitely doesn't trap dirt
- much less than the grouted gaps between tiles do. The tile edges are
meant to be laid hard up against each other so the joins are
self-sealing and practically invisible (for example, there weren't any
gaps for that white emulsion to get into).

We don't routinely walk around the wet kitchen floor in bare feet, but
we haven't noticed that it's especially slippery when wet - again, no
more than wet hard tiling would be.

From our experience, we'd definitely use it again for a kitchen.

--
Ian White