James Sweet

"Berlin" wrote in message
news:wVGHd.128284$8l.29846@pd7tw1no...
Just throwing this idea out there for discussion. Okay I know there

are
large LED screens available. Many used for sports events and advertising.
But what I wonder with the use of the same techniques used in say

processor
production. Would it not be possible to make say a 15-20 inch TV screen? I
realise that an LED at that size would be pretty dim and that the

processor
required to light them in the correct sequence would be a large unit

indeed.
If they ever do figure this out it would be great for the cost

effectiveness
(eventually) and not to mention the operation life of an LED. Just a

thought

The problem is that LED pixels are many times more expensive than competing
technologies like LCD's and plasma. For the small size you need the same
number of pixels as for a large screen, it's just not economical, you'd just
have a $10k 20" TV.