jakdedert

James Sweet wrote:
"mike" wrote in message
MarkyT wrote:
Can anyone recommend an inexpensive but not junk digital flash
camera with macros capability that would be good for photographing
detailed sections of a radio chassis or any other electronic
equipment? I'd use it to document disassembly, for photo
attachments to show which elusive or obscure part I'm trying to
find, etc. From the limited reading I've done, it sounds like I'd
need a 3 megapixel camera for sufficiently high resolution that
won't distort if there's a need to zoom in on a section of the
photo.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

Mark

This is a good idea IF you can find a cheap camera. I use a $5 Fuji
2400Z 2.1MP camera. Main problem with it is that the batteries are
always flat when I need to take a picture.

That's another thing I love about my Canon S100, uses little
lithium-ion battery packs, aftermarket batteries are cheap, not any
more than a set of NiMH AA's, charger charges them in a couple hours.
I've got a couple batteries so one is always fresh.

If it's going to stay permanently on the bench, the OP could simply plug in
an AC supply.....

jak