Andy Hall

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 23:17:02 -0000, "Mike" wrote:

"Huge" wrote in message
Capitol writes:

Huge wrote:
So my mother, who lives in the US tells me. She says American washing
machines are only marginally better than banging stuff on a rock.

Aren't they all still top-loaders ? Sure I saw a Usenet group discussing
this and all the European people there thinking they were on another planet.

Maytag do one with an angled drum which is something more akin to a
European design. It's still a monster though.

But their tumble dryers are infinitely superior in performance to any
we've experienced in Europe.

You reckon?

The only American white goods I have any time for are refrigerators.

Only for the size. Looks are awful. Why can't they produce an American
'fridge' with European styling. Siemens gave it a try but I really don't
want the rounded unpainted aluminium look.

I have a Maytag one with stainless steel finish giving it more of a
European than American look.

The internal design and performance are very good.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl