wolfb

Depends on what kind of "flatness" you are talking about. In the highway
installation sector, the flateness of the road is a part of the installation
contract. If there are complaints of the "flatness" of a particular section
of road, the DOT has a vehicle that is sent along the offending stretch of
road with meters and insturments (obstensibly set to some desired limits) to
measure the flatness of that stretch. If the measurements are exceeded, an
adjustment is required. I'm not an expert in this, but you can be assured
they do require and make adjustments. "Flatness" is a measurable component.
Wolf-==-

"Charles Spitzer" wrote in message

"Silvan" wrote in message
Charlie Self wrote:

Grizzly has a no-ledge 24"x24" chunk of granite accurate to within
.00015". That ought to do it for you. By the time it arrives, you'll
have
laid out something close to $230, and you'd best have braced your bench
take its 234 pounds. You'll also need a couple helpers to get it ON the
bench.

Nah, free is good. I think this was a piece of counter backsplash. I
used
to deliver to a place next door to a stone counter maker. I picked up a
whole gob of this stuff. Unfortunately, I'm down to two pieces. It
hasn't
stood up very well. The top, smooth layer eventually wants to flake off
after a few times in the saddle as a Scary Sharp(tm) stone.

I might have to see about getting some pieces of plate glass or
something.

go to a place that makes windows and does shower door installs. they won't
give you any scrap usually, because of liability, but the one i went to
said, that dumpster over there gets filled at the end of the day, and we
lock up and go home at 6pm.

that said, i just cut up a 3/4" glass 4'x4' dining table top i got for a
few dollars at a yard sale.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/