Dave Hinz

On 19 Jan 2005 21:54:33 GMT, Tom wrote:
Phil wrote: I have installed an internal modem and miss the lights telling
me what
is happening. Have done some searching with no success for a utility
that shows the lights on screen. Can anybody recommend a suitable
utility?

Phil, do you mean when uploads or downloads are happening? If so, Zonealarm
places a small "meter" on the taskbar with colored bars. Pretty good security,
and free, too. Tom

There ya go, solves activity monitoring _and_ a big security concern.
And it's free. But I know what he means, I did like having those LEDs
to tell me at a glance what was going on.