jim rozen

In article , J. Mark Wolf says...

I've seen the info on www.lathes.com but there isn't much detail about
the drive system, nor what tapers this lathe employs. Can any one the
forum direct me to a source of info on this lathe so I can see what the
drive train is supposed to look like?

You won't find one site that shows what 'the' drive system
looked like, because these were designed to be overhead lineshaft
driven, and there are so many ways to skin that cat that work
it's amazing.

Basically all you need is a countershaft bolted to something
solid above or behind the machine, and a motor to drive it
via a reduction. The reversing is now done by electrical
switching of the motor leads.

The tapers IIRC may be Jarno on some of those machines, if
not MT2.

Jim

please reply to: