Andrew McKay

Default life cycle of the ant?

On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 10:47:15 +0100, Peter Ashby
wrote:

I was at the beack a while ago and we sat down in the sand dunes for
lunch, sheltered from the wind, and I was watching the ants farming
scale bugs on every little sprig of sorrel (that's what I think it was
anyway). Every plant was infested and patroled by ants, fascinating to
watch.

I happen to think highly of ants. If there's a possibility of
creatures being able to pool intelligence they've got to be a living
example of the concept.

In that tiny little body they can't have much in terms of brain power,
but collectively they know how to survive and deal with everything
life throws at them.

Rather than brain power it's probably got more to do with some sort of
undiscovered chemical system - a chemical system with legs and
disconnected parts

Andrew

Do you need a handyman service? Check out our
web site at http://www.handymac.co.uk