Doug Kanter

"RobertPatrick" wrote in message
"JimmySchmittsLovesChocolateMilk" wrote in
:

I'm located in Tennessee, and just got a call from one of those lawn
spraying services, True Green chem lawn.
Just curious if anyone else has any opinions about whether or not
those services are worth while or not.
my lawn is quite weedy and the neighbors is not, ( he did have the
service last year,) but, I've just moved here, so I don't know more
of the history of the lawn.
Thanks for any info.

Dave

My neighbors tried their service for a while and then could not afford it
any longer. The company harrassed the crap out of them trying to sign
them
up again. They even sent my neighbor a bill for services they never did.
Robert

During the busy season, they also hire help that has absolutely no idea what
kinds of chemicals they're spraying, or the precautions needed when using
them. So, for instance, they may pay no attention to the wind and hose down
your neighbor's vegetable garden with pesticides which, besides being unsafe
to use on lawns, should never be applied to edible plants. Then, if the
neighbor does the right thing, you'll have the police at your door explaning
civil trespass to you, and informing you that you will be arrested if the
lawn care company is seen there again.

If this seems like an extreme scenario, it's not. It happened to me.