TURTLE

"Roger Shoaf" wrote in message
I suspect that in CA they will require upgrading the foundation and the way
the house is attached to the new foundation rather than just setting it on
pier blocks. This will of course mean that the siding will have to be
removed to attach the earthquake straps and such so it would be a little
more costly than in LA.

--

Roger Shoaf

This is Turtle.

You said Earth Quake straps and getting it ready for a earthquake. Here in
Louisiana we are in a Earth Quake zone too but it has been in active for 5,000
years and none since. There is some talk of this becoming a fact again but will
be estimated to happen in another 2,000 years from now. You can buy Earth Quake
insurance in Louisiana for $6.00 a year for $50K worth of coverage. I think I
will just wait a few more years till it get closer to the year 4,000 A.D. to
take the coverage out. There is a very small Fault line down the Mississippi
River from North to South and could become a problem in a few more years like
the year 4,000 A.D. .

I have been listening to prices of stuff in California verses Louisiana and it
seems that it is double in California verses Louisiana.

TURTLE