Noozer

A couple of days ago I found that I could no longer engage the deadbolt
on
door of my garage. It's a freestanding three car garage with no
heat/insulation.

My metal front door did something similar, probably due to the
afternoon sun (at times it would get very hot to the touch even
painted a light color). I removed the strike plate, filed it down
using a rat tail file, remove a little jamb wood, and replaced the
plate. I replaced the screws with 3.5" screws for added security.
No problems and it has been 10 years. If your building is constantly
shifting in one direction, that may pose a long term problem.

I'll end up doing the same as you. I'll try to adjust it as little as
possible so I can track if it keeps shifting.

Thx!