TURTLE

"Chris Lewis" wrote in message
According to TURTLE :

Hey you say it is legal but the fellow ask if the breaker set up in a set.
Will
one make the both of them trip properly as if they were seperated. Not being
smart at all but it even being legal will each breaker trip properly as one
side
getting over loaded and the other side not over loaded ?

tie-barred breakers (whether manufactured that way, or later add-on)
will both trip if either of the breakers overloads.

That's the whole point of tying the handles together.
--
Chris Lewis

This is Turtle.

I don't need a lesson in double breaker and them tied together at all and ask a
pin point question that you missed and did not answer.

The question again here is : Useing one side off a 220 volt double breaker
circuit for 120 volt circuit. Will the one side heat up enough to trip both side
as if I had a single breaker on it ? Will the double breaker trip as fast as the
single breaker because of the other side may have a little little bit of a hold
to keep the double in gauged a split second longer ? I know this maybe a
judgement call for I have never seen any data as to it making any difference.

TURTLE