Edwin Pawlowski

"Rob Gray" wrote in message

I think it depends somewhat on what you home is constructed of. I live in
a stone house built about 200 years ago in the old style (meaning the
walls are entirely stone not a stone facade). The stone walls tend to hold
the heat for a time. What I generally do is keep the house at the lowest
setting on the thermostat during the week and just use a woodstove at
night

Rob

The stone walls can hold a lot of sensible heat, but they are also very poor
insulators and move that heat out quickly. You don't give any indication of
climate either. Your heating pattern will vary quite a bit if you are in
South Carolina or in Ontario.