Phisherman

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 17:28:01 -0500, "Chucky D"
wrote:

Hello
I have some excessive condensation on my windows, and I seem to be having to
wipe up the water every day . I live in Canada and it is winter here now ,
and it seems to get worse in the really cold weather. But when it gets
really cold it freezes on the inside. We have a fairly new home(3 years
old) could this be just a caulking problem or some thing worse?.
I am also having a little bit of water drip through the Ceiling Fan in the
upstairs washroom, again when it gets cold and I take a shower, and only in
the winter time when it gets reall cold.
Could that be just a matter of insulating a venting pipe ?
any help is appreciated

thanks

By lowering the humidity in the house you'll get less condensate.
Water vapor will always seek colder temperatures and move away from
higher temperature areas. Increasing air circulation, especially
near the windows will help. Try running a small fan onto a window
for a 24 hour period and compare windows.

It dropped to 10 degrees Sunday night, and I had to wipe all the
sills. I recall making soup that day, and the added humidity in the
house condensed onto the windows.