Dave

Chris wrote:
All,

I have a tub and shower faucet set that is currently Price Pfister -

single handled model. Tonight - I purchased a Pegasus set from Home
Depot - 7000 series - also a single handled model. I have some
experience with replacing lav units - but am ignorant when it comes

shower and tub. I think i can handle the shower head and spout with

no
problem (if i dont have to cut the pipe for the spout), but the main
control is another issue. Tonight when i opened the box, i noticed

that
the all of the plumbing behind the control is present (does this

make
sense)? My question...Can I possibly just replace the outside piece

of
the main control? Or am I going to have to break the tile to get to

the
supply lines and reconnect and replace the entire existing

configuration?

Any insight is appreciated!

Chris

Chris,
As a novice, I had the same problem and I talked with a lot of people
about it. The general consensus was that if you use the same
manufacturer for the new fixture, the old valve in teh wall might
accept the new handle, but don't hold your breath. I tried to go from
Price Phister to Kohler. If different manufacturers, your chances of
them working together are slim to none. Probably done on purpose.
Regardless, good luck.
-David