Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
anon90210 wrote:
I have purchase some light switches, but instead of having 2 terminals
they have 3 (SW1, SW2, Common). It seems they are intended for places
that have 2 switches (ie. top and bottom of stairs).

Is there any way I can use these as normal switches, and if so which
way round would I wire them?

Use common and L1. If the switch operates 'upside down' use common and L2.

Also - when replacing plastic switches (where the earth is wired to
the wall casing) with metal switches, I assume that the earth should
be connected to the switch not the casing?

The best way is to move the earth to the switch earth terminal, and run a
similar earth wire sleeved in the same way to the box terminal.

--
*Where do forest rangers go to "get away from it all?"

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.