brugnospamsia

"Mike" wrote in message

"brugnospamsia" wrote in message
. uk...
Dear group,

It is my intention to replace my upstairs floors with chipboard,

enabling
me
to re-use the boards downstairs for a sanded floor. As I will be

improving
the ventilation under the ground floor, I hope to staple netting between

the
joists and insulate with 50mm of mineral wool.

I Googled for info on sealing draughts in non-tongue_and_groove and

mostly
found the usual papier mache and solid wood fillets solutions.

I'm wondering if breathable roofing membrane directly under the boards

might
be a better solution
(or maybe used in place of netting to suspend the mineral wool ?)

I've used the foil covered Airtec stuff Screwfix sell as it forms a
condensation barrier as well. Also I used Kingspan instead of mineral

wool
(second quality is fine in this application) rammed between the

floorboards
as it insulates better.

Sorry to be dense, but is this what you mean ?

http://uk.geocities.com/gentlegreengiant/floor.JPG

(24KBytes)

thanks ...

Jeremy