Andy Hall

On 19 Jan 2005 11:39:10 GMT, (Huge) wrote:

writes:
Top loading washing machines can be opened mid cycle to throw in the

sock
you dropped too

But should be avoided since they use several times the water and
electricity, and money to run. They are basically obsolete technology.

Don't say that to a Merkin, unless you want to listen to a twenty minute
rant about how marvellous Maytag "washers" are.

Have you ever seen a stacked top loader and tumble drier? Hysterical.

Yes, I've been accosted in an appliance store by a Maytag rep. showing
their products. The stacking arrangement of sloping panels to be
able to reach the lower one was certainly interesting.

They had the back panels off to be able to see inside. Basically
they are very simple engineering, and seemed built like a battleship,
but little or nothing in terms of control sophistication.

It seems that the assumption is of huge washloads of the same stuff.

I guess that the same people work out portion sizes in restaurants.

Like dishwashers, the detergents are different as well, also seeming
to be old technology.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl