IMM

"Tony" wrote in message

IMM Wrote:
"Tony" wrote in message
...-

the things above your boiler are auto air vents , make sure the caps
are
not screwed down tight , or the air wont get out ,-

Auto air vents are for filling/commissioning purposes only. Once the
system
is free of air the tops are to be screwed down. Combi instructions
actually state this a smost have integrated. When the auto air vent is
open
hydrogen from internal corrosion may escape. If there is hydrogen in
the
sytem it will make the tops of rads cold, and that is a sign that the
system
requires proper attention not just releasing it and refilling.

thats all very well and good , but that isn't a combi boiler .

I know that and I never said it was. I gave the e,g., of combi
instructions. It is clear this boiler did not come with auto air vents.