SadKate***

Default Leaking bath seal

On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 11:04:53 +0100, Russell Odom
wrote:

http://www.gloomytrousers.co.uk/pics...bath_strip.jpg)

I'm no expert Russell, but I've just fixed an identical problem, and
it seems to have worked so far.

I ripped out the old beadin strip and all the old sealant to start
with and then, this is the important bit, filled the bath right up
with water to weigh it down as much as possible.

The rest was just lots and lots of sealant (out of a gun).
I filled in the space between the bath and the tiles/wall with loads
of the stuff, then I used a line of sealant along the back of both
fins of the beading (just like the stuff you used), and once that was
in place i also did a thin spread of sealant over the edges of the
fins.

It seems to be working?