Larry Jaques

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 22:55:49 -0500, the inscrutable "Phil Kangas"
spake:

What peeves me is the stubborn presentation of cf as fact in
reference
books when in reality it does not exist. I can accept
'g-forces' in linear
acceleration, no problem there. The g-force in rotation is
centripetal
acceleration, similar to g-force in linear acceleration. A
weight swung
in a circle by a string is experiencing centripetal force.

Semantics of pull vs. push? OK. (6 of one, half dozen of the other.)
My dad took physics at Berkeley circa 1939 and taught me about
centrifugal forces. I hadn't even heard of centripetal force until I
saw it here a year or two ago, forcing me to Google it. In any
case, I'll think "centripetal" instead of "centrifugal" the next time
I build a hand sling or treb, Phil.

Also OT, tomorrow is "Not One Damn Dime Day"

Join the group who isn't buying anything on Anti-Inauguration Day,
January 20, 2005. Don't buy gas, food, groceries, or anything for
those 24 hours. Leave your wallet and cash at home.

--
I speak 2 languages fluently: English and foul.