fred

In article , fred writes
Chubb 3G114E mortice deadlock 24quid
Chubb 3G114E mortice deadlock with microswitch 65quid

That had better be a helluva microswitch for 40quid. I'm guessing I can buy
the cheapie and fit a microswitch to save cash, anyone tried this on Chubb
or any other?

Thanks for all the replies (although nobody answered the question :-).

To clarify:

Correct, this is not a final set switch, it will actually be used to
enable/disable the alarm. Yes, I am aware that this is not ideal, but better
than a fitted alarm that is never set because it is too much hassle. For
info, alarm will arm on open circuit condition so cutting the wire would arm
the system.

Proprietary solutions such as reeds and magnets are no go as this is a
property occupied by tenants so simple and non optional arming is best.

The switch will be mounted in the body of the lock itself and will be
activated by the internal mechanism of the lock, therefore making it
relatively secure from tampering.

The switch has nothing to do with triggering the alarm, only setting; other
sensors, including conventional door contacts will be used to trigger the
alarm.

The info I was/am looking for is the precise location in the lockcase that
the switch is fitted by the manufacturer and the model of microswitch they
use eg V3, V4 etc as I have to buy the parts before I get the lock in my
hand. Fortunately I can buy a selection of wire ended lever action types (I
know that much) and determine the precise position when the lock arrives.
At the moment I am guessing that V3 will be too big so a flimsy V4 it will
have to be.

Thanks
--
fred