John Moorhead

Default VS Dimmer Switch Use

Folks -

Okay, question about lekturcity here... Could I use a standard incin..
incandces... encand.... oh hell... light bulb dimmer switch as a variable
speed switch for a router. If the router draws less than the switch is
rated for, will I run into a problem? I don't care about the switch, I just
don't want to damage the router.

I built the router table in FWW from several months ago and I have it set up
so I can mount three routers on the beast... unfortunately, none of these
are VS, and I will need to cut the speed down so I can use a panel raiser in
one of them.... I have a cheap HF plunge router that I set up for the
horizontal routing, a Melwilke.... Malwalkie.... Milwaulck... dammit.... Red
"body grip" router for table use, and my DeWalt Plunge router for the
overhead routing.

My only VS router, the Bosch 1617, is my favorite, so I am saving that for
hand-work and I don't want to put that one in the table.

Please let me know if y'all think this'd work, or if I'm asking for trouble.
As for not buying a VS router control, or yet another router, I don't need
help with that... I already know that I'm cheap!

John Moorhead