Rob Mitchell

Default TS fence use with router

I have a question for my fellow woodworkers out there. I have a TS with
a long table, and a router mounted in the table. When I need to use the
router, I move the fence over, add a sacrificial fence with dust
collection, and run the wood against that when I want to make a
moulding, or cut along the length of the wood.

Is this a common thing? It just seemed obvious to me, but I am seeing
products (like one from Jessem) which are fences specifically for table
mounted routers.

(This method works great for me. I even made the sacrificial fence
width such that the measuring tape on the fence bar can be easily used)