George

"Ken Grunke" wrote in message

I have the old-style Vicmarc with tommy bars, and never had a need for a
spindle lock unless I'm trying to remove a stuck chuck or faceplate.

At least with my Vic, you can usually get the two bars close enough
together to manipulate with one hand, while holding the turning with the
other.

You've noticed that the square holes respond to round pins too?

I've the old Novas with the pin spanner, and my normal method of removing
them is to hang the spanner on the outer ring and give a sharp blow from the
heel of my hand. I dread the day it's on tight....