Doug Kanter

1) The fertilizer is formulated to make the customer happy because it greens
up the lawn fast. Doesn't do much for healthy root growth, though. Too much
nitrogen, not enough P & K.

2) They'll also sell you the weed/grub killers. The ****'s not real good for
the earth, and it does nothing to solve next year's problems. Also not safe
for kids to play on, and the little "48 hour" signs they put up after
spraying are bull****.

Call around to a few landscapers. The best way to deal with weeds is to
increase the competition from the grass. You do this by making the soil
healthier. Lawn sprays don't achieve this goal. A spreader is cheap, and you
can apply JUST FERTILIZER on your own. Combine this with proper mowing
methods, and you're in business.

I'm sure there will be glowing testimonials from people who swear they've
got perfectly healthy lawns, but based on my experience.....not so.

"JimmySchmittsLovesChocolateMilk" wrote in message
I'm located in Tennessee, and just got a call from one of those lawn
spraying services, True Green chem lawn.
Just curious if anyone else has any opinions about whether or not those
services are worth while or not.
my lawn is quite weedy and the neighbors is not, ( he did have the
service last year,) but, I've just moved here, so I don't know more of
the history of the lawn.
Thanks for any info.

Dave