Mark

Tony Bryer typed:

In article , Mark wrote:
Not in the 2 1/2 bed design from 1931 on, I still own two of
these, in fact my family built hundreds of these they were all
cavity wall construction. Must have been some real cheep-skate
builders on your patch.

Wates mainly.

LOL

But where was your family building: problems of
driving rain are far worse in coastal areas and as you go west,
as compared with sheltered suburban London.

Streatham, Clarence AV area
Twickenham, Staines road area
There were others in S-London but it was slightly before my time.
To the OP measure the distance between front or back adjoining windows
outside, deduct distance between window and wall your side add the same for
next door, what you left with?

--
Mark