John Stumbles

fred wrote:
In article ,
Ian Stirling writes

fred wrote:

Chubb 3G114E mortice deadlock 24quid
Chubb 3G114E mortice deadlock with microswitch 65quid

That had better be a helluva microswitch for 40quid. I'm guessing I can buy
the cheapie and fit a microswitch to save cash, anyone tried this on Chubb
or any other?

Can you fit a switch in the hole where the bolt goes?

There are some problems with that:

3. A spy could put a stolen eraser in the hole to activate the switch and
escape captivity - didn't you watch the man from uncle :-?

Evidently not that episode. Pray remind us?

(My favourite was the one set in 'England': in this case not a misnomer
for Britain, as it featured a crossing into Wales, via a rather
formidable looking border checkpoint. :-)