Leon

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message
Leon wrote:

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message

How so? I've been using it for exterior work on the barn for a year
now
and find it great for the purpose...I'd not replace Type I for
furniture/interior work, however, but that's a misapplication anyway.

For a waterproof glue at only a 2X (roughly) price premium over Type I,
it's a real winner as far as I'm concerned. Plus, it doesn't foam like
the one-part urethanes (Gorilla Glue, et al.) do...

Well If you read the Waterproof testing specifications you will find that
water proof is only mentioned in the title of the test and or
specification.
In the description of the test and or specification "Water Resistant" is
the
closest you will get to water proof. Kinda misleading.

Is/was that the only beef?

No, the magazine test showed that TBIII was actually less water proof than
TBII. TBII did better in water related tests than TBIII.

Then there was the long and drawn out discussion on the rec about how "Water
Proof" Should mean Water Proof in the reasonable persons definition and not
by the Water Proof standards test that mearely means Water Resistant.