Old Nick

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 02:57:09 GMT, "carl mciver"
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

So you are against the Govt because it has tried to protect you
against working as they do in Many Asian countries?

Think me out the policies that will let you keep working when those
guys will work for a tenth of your wage (and less!) under appalling
conditions. The people who employed you would willingly use you in the
same way, if workers' unions and Govt did not stop them.

Unions are often WAY OTT, but let employers go and many of them would
take everything they could get. Why do you think we _have_ unions and
Govt?

I watched a few stories on great modern engineering marvels of the
world. They took place in USA, Australia, Europe, and Britain. They
all succeeded over the graves of many workers, and the backs, legs and
lungs of many others. many of them were imported Asians. Payback time?

The Asians are not somehow "different" when it comes to greed and
being able to abuse people.

Government has created their own shortfalls through well meaning but
improperly thought out policies. My boots, which used to be made in the US,
got shipped to China because nobody was willing to pay a whole lot of money
for boots made in the US with environmentally unacceptable chemicals and
labor conditions. Lovely. So the laws that were meant to protect the
people wound up costing them jobs. I think about that when I vote.